Friday 11 July 2014

Marylin Monroe Inspired Makeup

So I watched a tutorial by Lisa Eldridge the other day which was a Marylin Monroe iconic look video (watch it here) and I got all inspired. It's not an exact recreation, it's a more wearable version, and slightly quicker to create. Hope you like.


I tried to keep the main points; the dewy skin, the winged liner (not liquid, apparently!), the red lip and arched brow. I did some contouring, but as my face is so round, if I did as much as her I'd just look stripey.


Here's a close up of the eye and lip. 


And here's what I used:

Foundation - Maybelline Fit Me in 210
Countour & Highlight - Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light
Eyeshadow - Sleek iDivine palette in Au Natural
Mascara - Soap and Glory Thick & Fast
Liner - Rimmel ScanalEyes in Nude
Brow pen - GOSH Long Lasting Brow Pen in Dark Brown
Lip colour - Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Striking and Standout (outer edges)

No comments:

Post a Comment