Wednesday 16 July 2014

Dramatic Plum Smoky Eye Look

Sometimes you've just gotta go for it. I felt like it was time to step away from the neutrals for a bit and go for something a little bolder. I went for a deep purple and gold smoky eye with a defined edge and lashes, oh the lashes!


A couple of close-ups here. The gold on the top lid is a loose pigment so I could get the super shimmery gradient, and underneath is a pressed shadow because it's less likely to go walkabout. I ran a bronzer along the top of the shadow to help blend and give a flattering edge, and a black shadow over the gel liner to make it smokier. I left my brows au natural, other than some gel to tame, because I have more than my fair share as it is.


 This was my first time using Jinnylash falsies, and I have to say I found them very comfortable. They have a very thin clear strip so they fit pretty easily.

Hope you like!

These are the products I used:


Foundation - Maybelline Fit Me in 130
Concealer (as eyeshadow base) - So Susan concealer quad (darkest shade)
Contour - Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light
Blush - MAC Powder Blush in Royal Sunset
Bronzer - Rimmel Natural Bronzer
Eyeshadow - Sleek iDivine palette in Glory (light gold shade)
                  - Sleek iDivine palette in Bad Girl (dark purple and black shades)
                  - Barry M Dazzle Dust in Old Gold
Liner - L'Oreal Superliner Gel in Golden Black
Mascara - 17 Peep Show in Black
Eye Primer - Absolute
Brow Gel - Maybelline Brow Drama Gel in Medium Brown
Lipstick - Maybelline Color Sensational Nudes in Tantalizing Taupe
Lipgloss - Beautiful Movements Lipgloss in Nude

No comments:

Post a Comment